Go to Top


How to Write Off Long-Term Care for Parents with Dementia

Posted on: June 16th, 2016
When tax time rolls around, if you happen to be a caregiver for a parent suffering from some form of dementia, such as Alzheimer’s, you may be able to claim your parent as a dependent for tax purposes, itemizing and claiming their qualified, unreimbursed medical costs. 

If this is an issue for you, visit the Alzheimer Association’s website for more information at www.alz.org or contact the IRS at www.irs.gov 

Or call Terri Hilliard at 805-778-0111 or e-mail thilliard@terrihilliard.com.  
Share |

Comments (0)

Post a comment
You have to login or register in order to post comments
Forgot Password? Enter Login Email


Your Email:
Remember me